If you work in public safety and you are thinking about coming out, struggling with coming out, or just looking for someone to talk to please reach out to us, we are here to help.
The IEFPA is the host of the “LGBTQIA+ EMS & FIREFIGHTERS” Private Facebook Group. Join the camaraderie of a friendly, supportive, welcoming community in a private group setting.
We also endorse and recommend these Facebook groups:
“Hope will never be silent.” – Harvey Milk
Katie’s Corner – Katie Bingner
Therapist – Coach – Educator – Speaker – Contributor
In The News:
- The History of LGBTQIA+ in Law Enforcement – Pride Behind The Badge
- Dallas Cooper, Capt. – Houston Fire Dept. – Talking Pride, Professionally and Personally
- After Orlando Shooting, Why Visibility Matters for the Gay Community – Lance Garland, Firefighter
- The Fire Department closet: Being gay in bunker gear by Mikey Heinrich
- Fired Georgia Fire Chief Sues City for Anti-Trans Discrimination
- Gay UK Firefighter’s Heartwarming Coming Out Story
- Kristin Crowley Is Los Angeles’s First Out, First Woman Fire Chief
- Kristin Crowley Confirmed As 1st Ever Out LGBTQ+ LA Fire Chief
- LGBTQ+ Firefighters & EMT’s Share What It’s LIke To Be Out At Work
- Married Lesbian First Responders Say They Were Shammed Out of Jobs
- Nottinghamshire, UK Firefighter speaks out for LGBTQ+ history month.
- New York’s Bravest Share Their Strength for Coming Out Day
- NYC Fire Department Gets First Lesbian Battalion Chief
- Trial By Fire: Memoir of America’s First Openly Gay Firefighter | The Hill
- The Firefighter Deconstructed – Out, On The Streets
- Virginia Firefighter Files Suit Saying He was Ousted Because He’s Gay
“It is not enough to be out. We must be active.”